Friday, June 13, 2008

Historic Hotel Monte Vista, Flagstaff, AZ

Hotel Review:
Jeff gives it a thumbs up for the 2 bars and a nightclub. We added our names to the famous guests that stayed there- the list includes Air Supply, Michael Stipe, The Duke, Clark Gable, Humphrey Bogart, and Anthony Hopkins.

Jin Sun is undecided. Although the celebrity stays has its appeal, nothing could cover up the crappy, carpet, no A/C, and the train whistles in the middle of the night. (it's next to train tracks) The location however was outstanding.

Thanks to Don W. for the recommendation. To see more famous guests, click below.

http://www.hotelmontevista.com/famousguests.php

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

air supply and freddy mercury., ok. 'nuf said

as for the carpet and train whistles., well, you don't get to be historic along old route 66 without a few noisy skid marks on the carpet of your soul.
remember what freddy said before you pass judgement:
I've paid my dues -
Time after time -
I've done my sentence
But committed no crime -
And bad mistakes
I've made a few
I've had my share of sand kicked in my face -
But I've come through

when you get to mexican hat look for the purple rock with a human skull painted on the west side. dig down a good couple of feet or so... i buried a bottle of Dom there years ago.